Terms & Conditions
We recommend that you read these terms and conditions carefully before you place your order. Your order or service provided by us will be governed by these terms and conditions. If you have any queries regarding these Terms (or any other matter which may arise in the process of your order) please raise them with us as soon as possible.
1. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
2. No binding contract will exist between us until we have accepted your order.
3. All goods are sold subject to availability.
4. None of our representatives or sales persons have authority to amend or waive any of these Terms on the behalf of glassescomplete.com and no addition to any of these Terms shall be accepted unless we agree otherwise with you in writing beforehand.
5. "Glasses Complete" is the trading name for Districtvisionplus Limited, trading on the internet at www.GlassesComplete.co.uk, tel: 01617900800, fax: 01617900100
6. In these conditions; "We" / "Us" / "Our" refers to Glasses Complete, "You" / "Yours" refers to the Customer.
7. UK company number: 5787935
8. UK VAT number: 887266175
9. Registered office: GlassesComplete Ltd. 14 Hulton district centre, Worlsey, Manchester, M28 0AU
10. Trading office: GlassesComplete Ltd. 14 Hulton district centre, Worlsey, Manchester, M28 0AU
2. Description of Goods and Services
1. A description of the goods is set out on our website.
2. When ordering, you must provide us with details of the relevant prescription that is to be applied to the goods. All prescriptions provided to us must be issued to you by a registered medical practitioner/optometrist following an eye test by him or her within the last 2 year or sooner as stipulated by examining optometrist.
3. We will rely on the prescription provided by you and the goods provided by GlassesComplete will correspond to that prescription received.
4. If you are unsure of the prescription that is to be applied to the goods, please consult a registered medical practitioner or optometrist before placing an order.
5. Unless you state otherwise, we use an appropriate average pupillary distance 'PD' to complete your order. Unless you specify a particular 'PD' during your order process you will be agreeing to let us use an average PD for bifocal and single vision lenses. Glasses Complete recommend that you consult your optician to obtain your PD before ordering, and provide that PD number to us when ordering. Alternatively, we have a do it yourself guide to measure ones own PD that can be found within our ‘help’ section.
6. To order prescription glasses from Glasses Complete you must be over the age of 16, you must not be registered blind, or partially sighted, or ordering on behalf of someone under 16 years of age.
7. We will not fulfil orders for lenses where the sphere value added to the cylindrical value equals 8 dioptres and over online. You must not attempt to place an order of this type online. Orders of this nature can be placed over the phone at the discretion of GlassesComplete.
8. When new glasses are ordered with varifocal lenses, we require the customer to apply the ‘template sticker’ to the foldable template frame that will be sent to you with relevant instructions as soon as we receive your order. This process is designed to help us accurately decipher lens centration for your new varifocal glasses.
9. Varifocal based re-glaze orders will require ‘template sticker’ to be applied on the glasses to be re-glazed before sent to us for re-glaze. ‘Template sticker’ with relevant instructions will be sent to you as soon as we receive your order. This process is designed to help us accurately decipher lens centration for your varifocal glasses.
10. Re-glazing an existing frame is done at your own risk. In case the frame is unable to withstand the glazing process then there is a possibility the frame could break. Nevertheless, this is very unlikely to occur as we use the latest fully automated CNC optical glazing machinery.
11. If we receive frames that are unsuitable for re-glaze, we will notify you to that effect and offer you to either post an alternative frame instead that is suitable for re-glaze or cancel order with full refund minus postage fee already paid.
12. More than one promotional offer can not be used simultaneously per order. For example % discount code can be used in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
3. Limitations Of Supply
1. We will try our utmost to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of all goods. In the unlikely event the product listing has not been de-listed in time when it’s become out of stock and the goods you have placed an order for are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you by phone or e-mail to give you a choice to receive an alternative frame or a full refund. If we are unable to successfully contact you, your order will be duly cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
2. On the advice of our Optician, it is up to us whether or not to accept the order.
3. Before the order is accepted It is up to the Opticians judgement to consider:
contacting you to discuss your Order or to provide advice accordingly;
to request that you send us a copy of your optical prescription;
to request that you contact the optician who provided your prescription to verify/discuss your prescription;
to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician if possible or self-measure using the guides found on our site;
request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician if possible.
4. Delivery and Carriage
1. Unless agreed otherwise in writing:
All goods will be delivered at the address stated on the order form,
Delivery for all goods is carried out throughout the U.K and worldwide,
Delivery times may vary but most prescription-based orders are shipped within 10 to 14 working days from order date. Please note that all time-scales are dependant on complex nature of prescription as well as additional lens options such as thing and light lenses/coatings.
Re-glaze orders are processed once frame for re-glaze is received by ourselves.
2. You will be notified by e-mail when your order is dispatched to you.
3. If your goods have not been received after a sufficient number of days after receiving the dispatch notification e-mail, please contact customer services.
4. In the case of non-delivery, if either GlassesComplete or our courier is at fault, you will offered a full refund or a re-delivery for the item(s) ordered from GlassesComplete.
5. Any delivery date specified by us is intended to be an estimate and delivery time and is not guaranteed.
5. Inspection of Goods
1. You should carefully inspect the delivered goods. If the goods are damaged or lost then do not use them and contact us to inform us of the problem.
2. The goods will each have a printed confirmation of the prescription. In any event if the prescription does not match the ordered prescription specification then do not use the goods and contact us to inform us of the problem.
3. From the time of delivery you will be liable for any loss or damage, unless such loss or damage is caused by our negligence.
1. The price for the goods will be the price stated on our website.
2. The price for the goods includes any value added tax payable.
3. Price excludes delivery. (See Q 13 on FAQ for delivery prices)
4. We will try our utmost to ensure all prices are accurate on our website. However, we are unable to guarantee that we will not make a mistake and display a price of an item incorrectly inadvertently. If this is the case, the optician reviewing and processing your order will notify you of the error. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your order and accept a full refund.
1. Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you must pay in full for the goods when placing your order.
2. Payments must be made to "GlassesComplete" in pounds sterling or other relevant currency if ordering from outside the U.K. All non-sterling currency has to equate the order total in line with the exchange rate at the date of the order being placed.
8. Your Rights to Cancel this Contract
1. The right to cancel this contract does not apply at any time after we have started to customise any materials in accordance with your requirements or after we have started to perform any of the services. The customer should contact customer services (0161 7900800) As soon as possible.
2. You have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery. If we've already shipped your order, you'll need to package the items and send them back to us. Click here for the relevant return addresses.
3. If we don't receive the item back from you in it’s original condition, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. We will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that order within 30 days after we receive your notification.
9. Data Protection Act
1. We will ensure that "GlassesComplete" comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to data received from you in relation to this contract and shall only process personal data received from you where necessary to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
10. Returns Policy
1. Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk
2. Returned Items must be returned within seven days of receipt. Any goods that are received faulty will be exchanged or refunded (your option), if returned within seven days in the original packaging.
3. If you wish to return goods after seven days of shipping then you should initially contact our customer service team to see whether a return is appropriate.
4. If you have just changed your mind about the purchase, P+P charges will then not be refunded and a 10% restocking fee will be deducted.
5. All of our products are covered by a 12-month manufacturers guarantee.
6. Before an item is returned, you must notify us by emailing us at: email@example.com within seven days of receipt. In the return package, you must include the original receipt and write on it the reason for returning the item(s). If you prefer, you can call GlassesComplete on 0161 7900 800 and you will be assisted accordingly.
7. You must return your item to our head office in Manchester (GlassesComplete Ltd, PO BOX 419, Manchester, M28 8AA).
8. Please note that the delivery cost will only be refunded if the return is a result of our errors. Otherwise all shipping cost will be non-refundable.
9. It will be your responsibility to return the item in an appropriate and secure packaging; we recommend recorded delivery, as we do not take responsibility in damaged or lost items in transit.
10. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of returns. Refunds will only be refunded to the same credit/debit card or PayPal account used to make the initial purchase and we will only issue cheques when the original payment has been made via this method.
11. Seven days period will start from the date when your order has been received. Returns must have a posting date no more than seven days after the order has been received.
12. We will either phone or e-mail to discuss any returns received with a posting date of more than seven days after the dispatch date.
13. Glasses may be returned even if you do not like your purchase. However, if you are unsure about your purchase you should consider the “7 day home trial” service beforehand.
14. One pair may still be refunded even if two or more pairs of glasses are ordered. However, please note that the initial postal charge will be deducted from the amount refunded.
11. Prices and Payment
1. Prices stated are inclusive of any relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) .
2. We will try our utmost to ensure the accuracy of the prices on the Site.
3. However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and mis- represent a price of an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the Optician reviewing your Order will notify you of the error before your order is processed/authorised, in turn you will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
12. 3 For 2 Offer
1. From our selected range of eyewear, when 2 pairs of glasses are purchased, third pair of glasses is free of charge. The third free pair being the least in price from all three pairs of glasses selected for purchase from our range of ‘3 for 2’ eyewear.
2. Glasses constitute frames and lenses as a complete pair.
3. One Individual prescription can be used per order.
4. All three pairs have to be selected from the ‘3 for 2’ range to participate in this offer.
13. Copyright and Trademarks
1. The Site's design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Glasses Complete. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed and written consent of Glasses Complete.
2. The "Glasses Complete" name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior written consent of Glasses Complete.